High Protein Spaghetti and Meatballs
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 slice whole wheat bread,torn
- 1 egg white
- ½ c. nonfat ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 28-oz. can whole tomatoes
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ c. fresh basil, torn.
- 12 oz. whole grain spaghetti, cooked
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Shape into 16 meatballs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium - high heat. Cook meatballs until golden brown. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and cook until soft. Add garlic and oregano and cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Uncover sauce and break up tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Add meatballs to the sauce, and basil.
- Cook uncovered for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Serve with pasta.
Calories: 380 Fat: 13 g Sugar: 9 g Sodium: 820 mg Fiber: 6 g Protein: 26 g