Have you given up mashed potatoes because of all the butter and cream? Here's a tasty low fat alternative!
- 1 ½ lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- ½ c. low fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Bring potatoes and garlic to a boil over high heat. Add ½ tsp. salt and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain, and return potatoes and garlic to pot and mash until almost smooth with a potato masher or a fork. Fold in yogurt, red pepper, feta, lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and black pepper and serve immediately.
Serving size: ½ cup Calories: 100 Fat: 1.5 g Carbohydrates: 18 g Sugar: 1 g Fiber: 1 g Protein: 5 g