- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned red beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup diced chilies (optional)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup uncooked lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Put olive oil in large pot and bring to medium heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer at least 30 minutes covered.
- Check for seasoning and add more chili powder or cayenne pepper to taste.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 374 Fat: 1 Carbohydrates: 69 Fiber: 13 Protein: 25