Mushrooms with Polenta and Gorgonzola
- 1½ cups instant polenta
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter,
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz crumbled Gorgonzola
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ lbs pounds cremini or button mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 350° F. Bring 4½ cups water to a boil. Whisking constantly, slowly add the polenta. Add 1½ teaspoons of the salt and the butter. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the cream cheese and ½ cup of the Gorgonzola.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add half the mushrooms and cook for 6 minutes. Add half the shallot and cook for 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining oil, mushrooms, and shallot. Season the mushrooms with the pepper, thyme, and the remaining salt.
- Butter an 8- or 9-inch baking dish or eight 6-ounce ramekins. Stir ⅔ of the mushrooms into the polenta and transfer to the prepared dish or ramekins. Top with the remaining mushrooms and Gorgonzola. Bake, uncovered, until the Gorgonzola has melted, about 15 minutes.
Calories: 279 Fat: 18 g Carbohydrates: 22 g Sugar: 1 g Fiber: 3 g Protein: 8 g