Pasta and Veggies with Peanut Sauce
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked
- ½ bunch broccoli, cut into florets and stems peeled and sliced
- 14 baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. ginger root, minced
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- ½ – ¾ cup hot water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2-4 green onions, sliced
- Prepare the pasta and keep it warm. If you’re using pre-cooked pasta, bring it to room temperature.
- Begin steaming the broccoli and carrots. After a few minutes, or when the broccoli begins to turn bright green, add the zucchini and steam until all vegetables are tender but still crisp. The time will vary depending on the method of steaming you use, so just watch them carefully and don’t let them over-cook.
- While the vegetables are steaming, heat the sesame oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the peanut butter, and cook, stirring, until it is heated through. Slowly stir in the hot water and add soy sauce, vinegar, and cayenne. Stir until it is a smooth mixture, adding more water if it is too thick. Then add the cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Once the vegetables are steamed, add them to the pasta and sauce. Mix well and serve sprinkled with chopped green onions.
Calories: 375 Fat: 8 g Carbohydrates: 63 g Fiber: 10 g Protein: 18 g