Pasta with Asparagus and Hazelnuts
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces Parmesan, shaved
- With a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus lengthwise into long ribbons.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions, adding the asparagus during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain the spaghetti and asparagus and return them to the pot.
- Add the oil and hazelnuts; toss. Add the salt and pepper; toss again.
- Divide the spaghetti among individual plates. With the peeler, shave the Parmesan over the top.