Pasta with Butternut Squash and Parmesan
Author: Clean Eating Online
- ½ tablespoon butter
- sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- 12 ounces rotini or penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in the pasta and cook until it is al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the butternut squash, season with salt and pepper and cook until the squash is just tender, about 7 minutes. Add the chopped sage and vinegar.
- Add the pasta and arugula and toss with tongs to combine. Divide the pasta among 4 warm serving bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and walnuts and serve.
Serving size: 1½ cups Calories: 459 Fat: 10 g Carbohydrates: 77 g Sugar: 6 g Fiber: 6 g Protein: 16 g