Pasta with Spicy Meat Sauce
Do you have lots of meat lovers in your house? They will love this recipe! The crumbled feta really helps to top this dish off nicely!
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- ¾ lb grass fed ground beef
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 1½ tsp chile powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups boxed or canned chopped tomatoes
- ⅓ cup chopped currants or raisins (optional)
- 8 oz pasta of your choice
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup mint leaves, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil on medium high. Ad onion and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Add beef, salt and pepper and cook for another 4 minutes, breaking up with a spoon until no longer pink. Add garlic, cumin, chile powder and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low and stir in currants or raisins. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened, 2-4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Divide among serving plates and top each with sauce, feta and mint.
Calories: 400 Fat: 10 g Carbohydrates: 48 g Sugar: 12 g Sodium: 407 mg Fiber: 9 g Protein: 28 g