Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
Author: Clean Eating Online
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 4 cup salad greens, washed
- 4 Bartlett or Anjou pears
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a small skillet, dry-roast walnuts over medium heat for 1 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Finely chop. Meanwhile, arrange ½ cup salad greens on each of eight plates; set aside.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise. With a melon baller, remove seeds and make a small, round cavity in each pear half. Cut cheese into eight pieces; shape each into a ball. Roll in walnuts and place one in each pear cavity. Arrange pears on lettuce.
- Pour vinegar into a small bowl. Add oil in a fine stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Drizzle evenly over pears; sprinkle with any remaining walnuts.
Calories: 124 Fat: 7 g Carbohydrates: 15 g Fiber: 3 g