Roasted Pineapple with Honey and Pistachios
Caramelized pineapple with a honey-orange glaze makes for a quick and elegant weeknight dessert.
Author: Clean Eating Online
- ½ cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 medium ripe pineapple, peeled, cored, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- ¼ cup crème fraîche or yogurt
- ⅓ cup natural unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir first 3 ingredients in a large bowl until sugar dissolves. Add pineapple; toss to coat. Let marinate, tossing occasionally, for 10 minutes. Place pineapple, one flat side down, on prepared sheet; reserve marinade.
- Roast pineapple for 15 minutes. Turn, brush with marinade, and roast until tender and caramelized, 10-15 minutes. Drizzle remaining marinade over; let cool slightly.
- Divide pineapple among plates. Spoon crème fraîche alongside. Garnish with nuts and mint.
Calories: 283 Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 60 g