Salmon, Red Quinoa, and Arugula Salad
Spicy harissa, a hot pepper sauce, plays off sweet raisins perfectly.
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (3 ounces each)
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 3 sprigs thyme
- ½ cup red quinoa
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups arugula
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons harissa (available at Whole Foods Market)
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- In a large pot, boil wine and 4 cups water.
- Add salmon, onion and thyme. Reduce heat to simmer; poach salmon until cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Remove salmon; cool. In another large pot, boil 4 cups water. Add quinoa and cook until tender, about 11 minutes; drain.
- In a bowl, mix quinoa, chickpeas, raisins and spices; cool.
- Toss quinoa-chickpea mixture with arugula. Dress salad with lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide salad and poached salmon among 4 plates. Top each salmon fillet with 1 tablespoon harissa. Garnish with cilantro and almonds.
Calories: 488 Fat: 21 g Carbohydrates: 46 g Fiber: 7 g Protein: 25 g