Salmon & Veggie Kabobs
Don't you love dishes that are healthy yet quick to make? Me too. This is a perfect weeknight meal that your whole family will love.
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 lb. wild salmon fillets, cubed
- 1 white onion, cut into ½ in squares
- 1 zucchini, sliced into ¼ in pieces
- 8 oz. whole white mushrooms
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes prior to using.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler to high. Thread salmon and vegetables onto 4 separate skewers. Brush with olive oil then brush with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Broil skewers 2-4 inches from heat source for 3 minutes. Turn skewers over and broil for another 3 minutes or until tender. To serve, place 1 salmon and 1 vegetable skewer over ½ cup rice.
Serving size: per 4 oz salmon, 1 vegetable skewer and ½ cup rice Calories: 540 Fat: 10 g Carbohydrates: 79 g Sodium: 135 mg Fiber: 6 g Protein: 32 g