Sausage & Mushroom Quiches
Here's a wonderful mini quiche recipe! They are great for brunch, breakfast or snacks. They also make great finger food at a dinner party. If you'd like to freeze them, simply wrap them individually in plastic and freeze them for up to 1 month.
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 8 oz. turkey or chicken breakfast sausage, chopped
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- ¼ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 5 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Position rack in center of oven. Coat nonstick 12 cup muffin pan or use paper baking cups.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add sausage and cook 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Add oil to pan and add mushrooms. Cook until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to bowl with the sausage and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in scallions, cheese and pepper.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl.
- Divide egg mixture evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle a heaping Tbsp. of sausage mixture into each cup.
- Bake until tops are just beginning to brown, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Place rack on top of pan and flip over to turn the quiches out onto the rack.
- Turn upright and let cool completely before serving.
- Makes 1 dozen.
- Note: I always seem to have some of the sausage mixture left after making these so I usually use it to make an omelette the next morning. Delicious!
Serving size: 1 quiche Calories: 90 Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 3 g Sodium: 217 mg Protein: 9 g