Slow Cooker Lasagna
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 1 nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup low-fat grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup low-sodium, fat-free marinara sauce (plus additional for serving) *
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 4 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 6 fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Spray crock pot of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl, mix together mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan, egg, oregano and garlic powder.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of pasta sauce in bottom of pot. Sprinkle ½ of zucchini over sauce and top with ⅓ of the cheese mixture. Break 2 noodles into pieces to cover cheese.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of sauce and then layer ½ of the spinach and ½ of the mushrooms. Repeat layering, ending with cheese and the remaining sauce. Firmly press ingredients into pot.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 4 to 5 hours, depending on slow cooker. Allow lasagna to rest 20 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve. Spoon a little extra sauce over each serving and top with a basil leaf, if desired.
Calories: 186 Fat: 8 g Carbohydrates: 14 g Sugar: 3 g Sodium: 275 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 13 g