The recipe will also work in a prepared piecrust.
- 6 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1½ tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen spinach, thawed, liquid squeezed out
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Quiche Batter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. To make Crust: Coat 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. Lay 1 phyllo sheet on work surface, and brush all over with oil.
- Sprinkle with ½ tsp. sesame seeds.
- Top with second phyllo sheet, and brush with oil.
- Top with third phyllo sheet, brush with oil, and sprinkle with ½ tsp. sesame seeds.
- Repeat phyllo and oil layers twice more.
- Sprinkle fifth phyllo sheet with remaining sesame seeds, and top with sixth phyllo sheet.
- Press into prepared pie pan; trim edges with scissors.
- To make Filling: Stir together spinach and onion.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over Crust.
- Top with spinach mixture.
- Arrange tomato halves over quiche.
- To make Quiche Batter: Whisk together all ingredients in medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pour Quiche Batter over Filling in Crust. Set quiche on baking sheet, and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until top is brown and center is set.