Spinach Tomato Crepes
For a delicious alternative to Gruyère cheese that’s also lower in fat, try smoked mozzarella.
- 1 ½ tsp. olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced (about ½ cup)
- 1 5-oz. bag fresh baby spinach (about 5 packed cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- ¼ tsp. salt, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 Tbs. almond or coconut milk
- 3 oz. Gruyère cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots, and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add spinach, and sauté 3 minutes more, or until wilted.
- Add tomatoes, and sauté 3 minutes more, or until tomatoes are soft.
- Stir in ¼ tsp. pepper and ⅛ tsp. salt.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, remaining ¼ tsp. pepper and ⅛ tsp. salt in medium bowl.
- Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-low heat.
- Pour ½ cup egg mixture into pan.
- Cover, and cook 2 minutes, or until crêpe is just set.
- Sprinkle ¼ cheese over crêpe.
- Spoon ¼ spinach mixture down center of crêpe.
- Loosen from pan with rubber spatula, and fold sides over filling.
- Slide onto plate.
- Repeat with remaining egg mixture, spinach mixture and cheese to make 4 crêpes.