Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 poblano peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- kosher salt and pepper
- ½ cup instant polenta
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 oz goat cheese
- Heat broiler. On a rimmed broilerproof baking sheet, toss the tomatoes, onion, and oil; turn the tomatoes cut-side down. Add the peppers, cut-side down.
- Broil until tender and charred, stirring the onions and turning the tomatoes and peppers halfway through, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a food processor, puree the tomatoes, onion, cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper until smooth. Spread half the sauce in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange the peppers in the dish, cut-side up.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 ¼ cups water to a boil. Add ½ teaspoon salt. Gradually whisk in the polenta. Cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the corn, cheese, and all but 2 tablespoons of the scallions.
- Divide the polenta among peppers. Top with the remaining sauce and bake until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining scallions before serving.
Calories: 281 Fat: 9 g Carbohydrates: 44 g Sugar: 11 g Sodium: 570 mg Fiber: 7 g Protein: 9 g