Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1¾ cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. chipotle chile powder
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1½ lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (3 cups)
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 16-oz. jar prepared medium salsa
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, drained and minced
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 12-oz. round queso fresco, divided
- Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing baking dish
- 16 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, for garnish
- 1 avocado, sliced, for garnish
- ½ cup sour cream, for garnish
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish, optional
- To make sauce: Bring all ingredients to a simmer in saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to combine, then remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- To make filling: Heat oil in separate saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add sweet potatoes, tomatoes, salsa, garlic, chipotle chile, and ½ cup water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 30 to 40 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Mash mixture with potato masher until combined.
- Add black beans, and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in half of queso fresco, and remove from heat.
- To assemble enchiladas: Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush 13- x 9-inch baking dish with oil.
- Spread ½ cup sauce in bottom of dish.
- Fill tortillas with Filling.
- Roll, and pack close together seam-side down in baking dish.
- Top with remaining Sauce and queso fresco.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Adjust oven to broil.
- Broil enchiladas 5 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with lime wedges, avocado slices, sour cream, and cilantro sprigs, if using.
Calories: 435, Fat: 15 g., Carbohydrates: 65 Sugar: 11g. Sodium: 963 Fiber: 11 Protein: 10 g.