Toasted-Rolled Veggie Quesadillas
Author: Clean Eating Online
- ½ cup grated reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 green peppers, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions , thinly sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup prepared salsa, or more to taste, drained of excess moisture
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and scallions and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Mix the pepper and scallion mixture with the remaining ingredients, except the salsa and tortillas. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Lay the tortillas out on a counter. Spread ⅙ of the mixture down the middle of each of the tortillas leaving a 2-inch border at the bottom edge. Spread a spoonful of salsa on top. Roll up the tortillas halfway, fold in the ends and then continue rolling until they form a thick cylinder.
- Set the quesadillas, seam side down on a baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes, flip the quesadillas, and cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories: 256 Fat: 9 g Carbohydrates: 35 g Sugar: 4 g Fiber: 4 g Protein: 9 g