- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 slices country-style bread, crusts removed, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Dressing & Salad
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons miso
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 cups torn, bite-size romaine lettuce
- 2 cups torn, bite-size radicchio
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 425°F.
- Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- To prepare tofu: Pat tofu dry and cut into ¾-inch cubes.
- Combine lemon juice, miso and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add the tofu and gently toss to coat.
- Spread the tofu in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake on the upper oven rack, turning two or three times during baking, until browned, for 18 to 20 minutes.
- To prepare croutons: Toss bread with oil, pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake on the lower oven rack, turning two or three times during baking, until browned and crisp, for 12 to 14 minutes.
- To prepare dressing & assemble salad: Whisk oil, lemon juice, miso and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add lettuce, radicchio and Parmesan; toss to coat.
- Serve topped with the tofu and croutons.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 389 Fat: 29 Carbohydrates: 18 Sodium: 755 Fiber: 4 Protein: 15