Serve with a green salad and whole-grain baguette.
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 1 14-ounce can vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, dill or chives or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups chopped vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots and snap peas, or 16-ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 16-ounce package frozen cheese tortellini
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk broth and flour in a small bowl. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until just beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broth mixture to the pan, bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese, tarragon (or dill or chives) and salt.
- Add vegetables and tortellini to the boiling water; return the water to a simmer and cook until the vegetables and tortellini are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain; add to the pan with the sauce and stir to coat.
Calories: 424 Fat: 15 g Carbohydrates: 55 g Sodium: 566 mg Fiber: 5 g Protein: 14 g