Author: Clean Eating Online
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- ¾ cup salsa, drained
- 1 8-count package large flour tortillas
- 6 ounces shredded Cheddar or Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- juice of 1 to 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, sliced 1 inch thick
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a medium bowl, combine the beans, corn, and salsa. Place 4 tortillas on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tortillas with half the cheese. Top with the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese; top with the remaining tortillas.
- Bake the quesadillas until the cheese has melted, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the onion, cilantro, salt, pepper, lime juice, and oil. Add the lettuce and toss.
- Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges. Serve with the salad.