- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 7 mushrooms, diced
- 3 scallions, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small potato, grated
- ¼ cup silken (soft) tofu
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- In a blender or food processor, process tofu until creamy and set aside.
- Saute the corn, mushrooms, scallions and bell pepper in one tablespoon of oil for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin and cook for one more minute.
- Remove from heat and add the carrot, potato, tofu, salt and pepper.
- Add bread crumbs until the mixture holds together.
- You may need a little bit more or less than a half a cup.
- Shape the mixture into patties and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat remaining two tablespoons of olive oil and cook each patty until the veggie burgers are done, about 3 minutes on each side.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 153 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 17 Sugar: 2 Sodium: 129 Fiber: 2 Protein: 4