Author: Clean Eating Online
- 1 pkg frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 Tbsp water
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 8 inch glass pie dish.
- Line the dish with puff pastry, press the pastry firmly in place and trim away any excess pastry. Bake 10 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet saute spinach and 4 tablespoons water approximately 2 minutes. Heat the mixture over medium and cover the skillet. Add nutmeg to the spinach and stir.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion with butter. Saute until the onions are soft and transparent, about 10 mins.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the cottage cheese, spinach, and ½ cup of cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spread onions evenly along the bottom of the pastry-lined dish. Arrange the tomatoes over the onions. Pour the egg-mixture over the onions and tomatoes, and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the quiche has set in the middle.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 315 Fat: 20 g Carbohydrates: 21 g Sodium: 912 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 11 g