- 2½ c. water
- 2 c. brown rice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 zucchini, halved and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 yellow squash, halved and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. organic lean ground beef
- ¾ c. shredded reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice, cover and simmer about 45 minutes.
- Cook 1 lb. ground beef in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until no longer pink.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking time, pour olive oil into a nonstick skillet and place over medium heat. Add zucchini, yellow squash, and garlic to the pan. Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked rice and ground beef to vegetables, cover with lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir vegetables and rice together and top with cheese. Place lid on top for 1 minute.
Serving size: 1½ cups Calories: 259 Fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 40 g Protein: 10 g