Even meat lovers will adore this vegetarian tacos. The delicious mushroom-cauliflower sauce will make everyone happy!
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (1 ½ cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms, stems trimmed, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, chopped
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 12 small flour or corn tortillas
- 5 large Romaine lettuce leaves, sliced into strips
- ½ avocado, pitted, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup grated low fat cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup low fat sour cream
- In a large skillet heat oil on medium high. Add onion and saute fro 5 minutes, until onions begin to soften. Stir in garlic and saute fro 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and cauliflower and stir constantly for 2 minutes until vegetables start to release water and shrink. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are about half their original size and cauliflower is fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tomato paste, ¼ cup water, chile powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Add to mushroom mixture along with corn. Stir to combine then cover. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Warm tortillas in oven. To assemble tacos, fill each tortilla with ¼ cup mushroom filling. Top with avocado, lettuce, cheese and sour cream. Divide evenly.
Serving size: 3 tacos Calories: 379 Fat: 12 g Carbohydrates: 58 g Sugar: 8 g Fiber: 10 g Protein: 15 g