- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 fennel bulb, leaves and stalks removed, diced
- ½ c. brown rice
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 c. low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth, divided
- 1 c. water
- Sea salt, to taste
- Add oil, onion, celery and fennel to a large deep saute pan and cook until vegetables are translucent.
- Add rice and stir. Add zucchini and 1 cup of broth. Stir occasionally.
- Allow broth to be absorbed before adding second cup.
- Stir again and let broth absorb before adding water. Add salt.
Calories: 135 Fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 19 g Protein: 4 g