Apple Cranberry Bread
Author: Clean Eating Online
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup apple cider
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1½ cups sucanat or turbinado sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¾ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray two 9" loaf pans with nonstick spray and set aside..
- Rehydrate the cranberries by combining them with the apple cider in a microwave safe bowl and microwave them for 1 minute. Leave the cranberries in the hot cider and set them aside.
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is pale yellow and very fluffy.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the eggs one at a time. Stir in the cinnamon and allspice.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Drain the cranberries and discard the liquid.
- Stir in half of the flour mixture. Stir in the applesauce and cranberries. Stir in the rest of the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake until the loaves are golden brown and set in the center, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 151 Fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 26 g Sugar: 17 g Fiber: 1 g Protein: 2 g