Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
Author: Clean Eating Online
Bored with the same old pancake recipes? These are a delicious change of pace!
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3 medium bananas
- ½ cup low fat milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats, ground into a coarse flour in a food processor
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut or almond flour
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 egg whites, whipped to soft peaks
- Extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Make pomegranate syrup: Whisk juice and honey together in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat and then reduce heat to medium. Simmer mixture and reduce it to a syrup, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool slightly.
- Make pancakes: Add bananas, milk and vanilla to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together ground oats, rolled oats, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Fold banana puree into dry ingredients to form a thick batter.
- Do not overmix.
- Gently fold whipped egg whites into batter.
- Heat a large nonstick griddle over medium heat. Add 1 tsp. oil to griddle. Add ¼ cup batter for each pancake, making sure to leave enough room for each one. Cook until lightly browned, about 1 ½ minutes per side.
- Keep pancakes in warm oven while the others cook.
- Serve with a drizzle of pomegranate syrup.
Serving size: 1 pancake Calories: 200 Fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 41 g Sugar: 11 g Fiber: 5 g Protein: 7 g