Try this healthier version of cole slaw at your next cookout!
- 8 oz. shredded coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1½ tsp. sucanat or turbinado sugar
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ c. low fat mayo
- ¼ c. low fat sour cream
- ¼ c. crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the cole slaw mix in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan mix the vinegar, sugar and 1 tsp. salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- When sugar has dissolved, pour over the slaw mix. Toss to coat and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain the slaw mix in a colander and return to the bowl.
- Toss with mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream and blue cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour in refrigerator before serving. Makes 4 servings.