Curried Quinoa Salad with Cranberries and Walnuts
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ tsp grated orange zest
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Stir in quinoa.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, honey, curry powder, and red pepper flakes, stirring until completely blended.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except walnuts. Gently stir in cooled quinoa, then soy sauce mixture. To serve, sprinkle with walnuts.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 302 Fat: 7 g Carbohydrates: 51 g Sugar: 16 g Fiber: 5 g Protein: 9 g