Maple Ginger Marinated Turkey Breast
This is a fantastic recipe! Since it makes a lot, I like to cook this early on in the week and then use the remaining turkey for other recipes throughout the week.
Author: Clean Eating Online
Recipe type: Entree
Cuisine: Clean Eating
- ¼ c. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger root, minced
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 7 to 8 lb. bone - in, skin - on turkey breast
- Olive oil
- Whisk together the soy sauce, oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, black pepper, cloves and cayenne pepper in a glass or porcelain dish large enough to hold the turkey. Place turkey in marinade and turn to coat thoroughly. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a heavy rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with olive oil. Remove turkey from marinade and place skin side up on baking sheet. Discard remaining marinade. Roast turkey for 2 to 2½ hours. The temperature should read 170 degrees on a meat thermometer. Remove turkey breast from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before carving and serving. Remove skin before eating.
Serving size: 4 oz Calories: 212 Fat: 8 g Carbohydrates: 9 g Protein: 25 g