Pine Nut Basil Pesto with Mint
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 3 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- kosher salt and pepper
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint, torn
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, place the garlic, pine nuts, basil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. While the machine is running, drizzle in ¼ cup of the oil through the feed tube, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the mint.
- Divide the pasta among bowls and spoon the pesto and zucchini over the top.
Calories: 425 Sugar: 4 g Sodium: 356 mg Fiber: 6 g Protein: 19 g