Pumpkin Protein Bars
Author: Clean Eating Online
Protein bars can be really expensive. The solution? Make your own! I love pumpkin so this recipe is one of my favorites!
- ½ c sucanat or turbinado sugar
- ½ c unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 - 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2 c oat flour or almond flour
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup nut milk
- ½ c chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray a 9 X 13 dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well. Add last three ingredients (plus walnuts if using). Mix until incorporated. Spread batter into dish and bake for 30 min.
- Makes 24 squares.
Serving size: 1 square Calories: 63 Fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 8 g Protein: 4 g