If desired, add a tablespoon of maple syrup, for a little sweetness. It will be a little thick so you may want to spread it with a spoon.
- 3 small apples
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup oatmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cup water
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, or to taste (optional)
- Peel, then chop apples. Add about a teaspoon of water. Put in small pan and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Mash apples with the back of a spoon or potato masher, leaving some chunky apple pieces.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients together. Add water and mashed apples. Stir until combined.
- Drop about ¼ cup mixture onto a heated skillet that has been lightly greased with coconut oil.
- Makes about 10 4-inch sized pancakes.
- *Variation: Pancakes can be made with bananas by replacing the 3 apples with 1 ripe banana.
Serving size: 2 pancakes Calories: 270 Fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 49 g Sugar: 8 g Fiber: 8 g Protein: 8 g