- 1 can (15 oz) black eyed peas, rinsed and drained*
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups spinach
- 2 cups mixed greens
- In a large bowl, combine black eyed peas with tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro, vinegar, mustard and oil. Toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, combine spinach and mixed greens in a large bowl. Top with the bean mixture and gently toss to combine.
- *If you prefer, you can use dried black eyed peas and soak them overnight.
Calories: 197 Fat: 10 g Carbohydrates: 21 g Protein: 4 g