Couscous with Red Peppers
I love couscous! Not only is this a delicious recipe but it cooks in 5 minutes. Perfect for those times when you don't have a lot of time to cook.
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 1¼ c. water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 c. whole wheat couscous
- 1 6 oz. jar roasted red peppers
- 1½ Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan combine 1¼ c. water, oil, salt and garlic. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Remove garlic and stir in red peppers and basil. Season with pepper.
Serving size: ½ cup Calories: 205 Fat: 3 g Carbohydrates: 37 g Protein: 5 g