- 3 lbs. lean boneless beef or bison, cut into 1 inch chunks
- ⅓ c. flour
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. basil
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 c. steamed chestnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 c. water or beef or vegetable stock
- In a large ziplock bag place the flour, sea salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Shake bag to mix. Add cubed meat to bag and shake until all meat is coated. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet place 1½ Tbsp. olive oil and set over medium-high heat.
- Remove the meat cubes from the flour mixture and shake off excess flour. Place half the meat in skillet and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove first batch from skillet and brown the other half of meat.
- Place all the meat in the slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, mix gently and set to high. Cook covered for 6 hours. Serve hot.
Calories: 454 Fat: 22 g Carbohydrates: 16 g Protein: 42 g